Get The Deal
Join today and get your first box for $5 when you sign up for a 6-12 month subscription!
Located in New York, BarkBox is an online subscription-based provider of pet-themed products. Founded in 2011 by Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin and Carly Strife, the company has built a great reputation due to its quality of its service. In order to help you figure out whether it's right for you and your pet, Deal Meister's official guide below will go over the most important aspects of BarkBox's services.
What Makes BarkBox Unique?
BarkBox is a subscription service designed to make your dog happier. Each month, a BarkBox containing natural treats, chews and our original toys will arrive at your home. In order to keep things varied and interesting, every new BarkBox has a special theme that will be the delight of pets and owners alike. Examples of past themes are: Dogmas in the City, Chewrassic Bark (Jurassic Park theme), Throwbark Thursday, and New York City.
There may be other subscription services that cater to pets. However, BarkBox is unique because of its exclusive toys and treats. When it first started, BarkBox would find the best products and put them together in a box. Today, the company produces its own toys and bakes its own treats, ensuring variety, originality and a high level of quality.
In addition to being unique, BarkBox stands out for its commitment to provide personalized attention and service to each one of its customers. To that end, the company has established its Happy Team, a group of experienced dog enthusiasts that provide customer support via text, chat, email, phone and the BarkBox app.
In terms of quality, BarkBox is up there with the best. Each of its BARK original toys is made according to the highest safety and health standards. Additionally, all toys are playtested and approved by real, incredibly demanding dogs. Similarly, BarkBox's treats are made with healthy high-quality ingredients such as wheat, corn and soy. They do not contain artificial flavors, artificial preservatives or weird ingredients of any kind.
Pros and Cons
How the Signup Process Works
Subscribing to one of BarkBox's monthly delivery packages can be achieved through the company's website. We're talking about a well-organized, simple and straightforward online subscription box that allows you to select the options that are most convenient for you and your favorite pet.
At the moment of your subscribing, you will be required to enter your personal information. Additionally, you will be required to enter some information regarding your dog. Without a doubt, the most important information you will be required to enter regards the size of the pet. You will need to choose one of three categories: "Small and Cute", "Just Right" and "Big and Bold".
BarkBox ships out its packages every 15th of the month. Depending on the area you live in, it can take up to three days for the package to arrive at your home. Once a customer has subscribed to this service, they will receive a new BarkBox each month until their subscription is canceled or it expires.
Pricing and Value
Subscribing to one of BarkBox's monthly delivery packages can be achieved through the company's website. Customers can subscribe for a minimum of one month for $29 (including delivery fees). Shipping is free for all orders. This is a great option for potential customers who want to try the service before signing up to one of the more expensive plans. However, if they feel so inclined, customers may also subscribe for three, six and twelve months for the following prices:
It is very important to note that the entire amount will be charged as soon as the subscription is requested, so you may want to be absolutely sure before committing to one of the more extensive packages. Potential customers should also be aware that all subscriptions are renewed the 3rd of every month. For that reason, whenever you want to stop the service, you will need to remember to cancel a subscription before (or immediately after) the plan expires.
Public Perception (Other BarkBox Reviews)
Going through the available BarkBox reviews, it is not difficult to realize that, in general, customers are very pleased with this service. More specifically, customers tend to love the quality and variety of the products featured in every BarkBox.
Many have also praised the reliability and efficiency of BarkBox's delivery service. Additionally, there has been very positive feedback regarding the company's user-friendly and informative website. In combination with its social media platforms, this website provides a reliable source of information and a great way for customers to voice their concerns.
Although it's a fantastic service, BarkBox is far from perfect. There have been some complaints regarding the way in which the membership process works. One of the most important such complaints has to do with the automatic renewal of memberships. Having missed the notice regarding this feature when signing up, many customers are surprised (and even outraged) when they discover they have been charged again without their explicit consent.
How It Compares
As you probably know, there are various other pet-related subscription delivery services available.
Without a doubt, one of the BarkBox's most direct competitors is PawPack. Similarly to BarkBox, PawPack is a monthly subscription box for dogs. What differentiates PawPack from other similar services is its emphasis on eco-friendly, all-natural products.
Another service that competes with BarkBox is Surprise My Pet. Even though it's relatively new, this company has been gaining popularity since it opened in 2015. Even though it's somewhat expensive, its products are very high in quality.
In addition to these services, there are various others that have a similar concept. Some of the most popular are Pet Treater, PetGiftBox and PupBox. Even though all the aforementioned services are quite good, BarkBox is definitely capable of standing up to them. This is how BarkBox compares to other services in three main aspects of its service:
What do you get in a BarkBox?
- Each month, BarkBox subscribers will get a box containing various useful and unique products for dogs. Even though the number of products may vary, there will be never less than four in a single box. These products are a combination of treats, toys and hygiene products that were specially designed for dogs of a particular size. Every product that is included in a BarkBox has been handpicked and approved by Scott, the main product tester for the company.
Where is BarkBox located?
- BarkBox's headquarters are located in New York City, but orders ship in batches from their two production facilities in Nevada and Connecticut.
Can you cancel BarkBox at any time?
- Yes, you can cancel at any time. To cancel your subscription, just login to your account, go to the subscriptions page, click "edit," and hit “Cancel Renewal.” Once your BarkBox plan expires, there will be no renewal and you will receive no more BarkBoxes.
- If you cancel in the middle of a 6 or 12 month plan, you will continue to receive BarkBox for the length of the contract, and the cancellation will take effect at the end of your plan. If you want to stop receiving BarkBoxes before the scheduled end of your plan, please contact the Happy Team directly.
- Please take note: BarkBox has to process subscriptions by the 3rd of each month in order to make sure BarkBox can package, label and ship all of the BarkBoxes by the 15th.
How do I track my Barkbox order?
- If you are in the US, you will receive an email from Scout with your tracking link. If Scout hasn’t reached out (sometimes he’s a little forgetful), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- If you are in Canada, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email but we do not have tracking for Canada Post at this time. We’re sorry about that!
Who is the owner of BarkBox?
- BarkBox has 3 co-founders, Henrik Werdelin, Carly Strife, and Matt Meeker.
Is It Worth It For Me?
BarkBox is a recommended service for owners of active, playful dogs. If you have a pet dog that loves toys and treats but gets tired of them quickly, then BarkBox is perfect for you. However, if you're the owner of an older or more passive dog, this service may not be the right fit for you.
In conclusion, BarkBox is a valuable service that provides a variety of high-quality toys and treats for dogs. Efficient and reliable, this is a service that will be cherished by owners of fun-loving, energetic canines. If you haven't tried it yet, go to BarkBox's website and sign up today! If you have, please let us know about your experience in the comment section!